- Chinese auto makers are increasing their presence in 'easier' markets, such as part of BRICS -Brazil, Russia, S Africa and ME - Algeria, Iran, Saudi Arabia.
- Smartly ignoring US & EU ! (Blue ocean strategy!)
- Reason - value for money! ( hope it does not come at the cost of quality - after all, compared to big brands, how many smaller brands have come forward with recalls, in spite of inferior quality & less stringent quality-control !!)
- But then, with JD Power reports, et al, the Chinese brands will start improving their quality score & learn to manage it !!
- Established brands are keen to ramp up nos in the 18 million units Chinese market - again, right strategy.