- Had reached the branch 30 mts before the closing time
- Almost all staff, except one of two tellers were with branch manager, in a meeting in his cabin !!!
- One of the two tellers does not know me, unlike the other ( who was with BM)
- After I finished my cheque deposit, waited for Insurance Cross sell team
- Two staff came, very soon. When I shared my service requirement, they exchanged a look & simple expression ( non-verbal communication, we learn in our management classes) which spoke more than a few words ! Neverthless, they got down to business.
- I have to go back to complete the work !
- Thereafter, one of them had the guts to solicit business, after seeing my account was so called 'premium' ! I have always felt 'mass'/ bottom of pyramid/ cattle-class at the branch :)
- I did refuse, not so politely
- Most off the staff are new at the branch - so the people who were so keen to 'cross-sell' insurance to me in 2010 were missing, except one - he chose to ignore me ( afterall, I was on a service call!
Perhaps, at the end of the day, people are tired ?!
Or sheer attitude ?!
And, this is one of the best banks in the country !
This is my second experience about 'cross-sell', first with another bank... that story is still on... !!!
Our banks are not ready to handle cross sell effectively, yet.
PS: Bank name & other details deliberately hidden.