Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Movies

'Professionally Yours' need not be 'all work & no play' :)

I did get some queries about the films I had seen since I returned home (lock, stock, barrel & a dog!). 

Frankly I surely seem to have overcome the obsession to watch movies regularly as one of my favourite entertaintments. While reducing interest is one of the key reasons, a more important reason has been that I seem to have overcome the 'need' (or want!) for such an external source of entertaintment ! Then the hazzle of going to the theater... And of course, most of the films that are coming out are not of my 'taste' ! (about the taste, but just different!!)

There are lot of films that are being promoted thru mindless action ( Rowdy Rathore/Singham), skin & related themes ( Dirty Picture/Jism/kya kool hain hum),  crude violence (Wasseypur), etc. I will still watch Wasseypur on TV, as and when it happens, as I can do my own 'edit' thru the remote. 

I usually never try my luck with movies. I would opt to watch only if I am sure of its review, rating, theme, etc.

But I did go for just one movie, with better-half. Love for movies-experience, complete with samosa/popcorn/chaat, was mutual.  

The movie was 'Cocktail'. Just an ok type of movie. Though I was encouraged by average *** reviews, I would just give 2.5 !  

But one moview I saw during my recent flight was 'Kahani'. Had received few good recomendations. The movie had hit the theaters before we moved back. Had opted not to watch it on Showcase/Tatasky as I was prejudicised against a Vidya-Balan-starrer, additonally the possible suffering of a pregnant woman!! But indeed, the movie was very good. Good story/theme, great performance by all leading actors ( Khan superb), good direction/editing and captured essence of Kolkotta, incl Durga Puja ( resulted in a strong urge to travel to Kolkotta, inshallah this winter). 

Seeing Kahani & Paa, I wonder why Vidya Balan need to act in 'dirty-pictures'?! (Of course, it is her professional choice). Just as why Bhats no longer make a 'Saaransh' or even a 'chitti aayi hai' Naam/'Dil hai ki...' !! 

But then, we get what we deserve ! 

Professinally Yours !! As always :)









4 comments:

B V S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B V S said...

Dirty picture is not all dirty. In fact, except for a few double meaning sentences, skin show or sensuality was much lesser than recent usual movies. I liked the way the story went into the head of the character. It was perfect. And vidya acted so well and did justice.

SUBS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SUBS said...

Plan to watch it on tv, with some more cuts & edits !