Friday, August 3, 2012

Travel Booking in India thru Yatra.com

I have been quite loyal to Jet Airways, till recent past... till they decided to otherwise!

I have since tried couple of other airlines for local travel, except Kingfisher & Air India - while I have summarily avoided the former all along, the latter was not preferable in view of their low-score on punctuality. I have been surprised to note other private airlines are pretty good!

Once I 'let go' Jet, I have been looking at various options, best among them in terms of pricing & time slot, etc! And, I usually have an advantage of timings, as I do not need to take early morning/late night flights, unlike my friends in corporate world :)

That is when I tried http://www.yatra.com/. ( Nothing to do with Salman Khan's endorsement and his philanthrophic thrust thru 'Being Humane'. I find so many youngsters in 'Being Humane' t-shirts these days! The Superstar must be doing a lot of good work. God bless his service activities. We need more celebrities come & partcipate in such noble efforts)

Yatra.com offer good prices, simple process to book on-line and you get the text-message/e-ticket... hassle free process.

But when I had to change the flight timings, I was not very happy to note I had to call, could not modify on-line. But the tele-sales agent was so very efficient, to facilitate, call/hold/complete the process with the airlines-staff on con-call and take the differential payment ( incl service charges !!)

The process seemed a well thought out and simple. I always admire when companies are able to come up with simple, uncomplicated & user-friendly process-flow.... Is that not basic ? Yes, but . . . :)


Taking trouble to pen this post, as it may help my friends who may be travelling to India on their annual vacation... enjoy the break, folks ! 




No comments: