You would have seen this report on today's ET
- Right on the front page, on top! ( what a way to start a day!)
- The protagonist is one Mr Bhagat, who is stressed out @ work!
- The article goes on to say, 'Bhagat is one of thousand corporate executives who has become victims of stress triggered by the economic slowdown that has been raging for a year now.' I thought that was quite silly - passing the buck on to 'economic slowdown'!!
- 'Concerns about the looming threat of layoffs, salaries that are either cut or delayed, and pressures to meet higher targets are conspiring to create a tempest of uncertainty that executives are finding difficult to cope with' ... These were always part of corporate life, right?
- For God's sake, pls don't blame HR. ( I am no HR guy!)
- The results are on expected lines : health problems, creating pressure at work & home, etc.
- If you go thru the comments on ET, most of them are on 'blame-game' too !
- The proverbial 'silver lining' according to the agency, PPC Worldwide, is 'corporate executives are taking professional help'! That is quite sad. We are going the way our counterparts in some of the 'developed markets' ( economically only )... visit psychologists.
- We are capable of handling this holistically.
- It is our INDIVIDUAL CHOICE. That is the first step, own up the responsibility.
- Then, be aware just as I am affected, I am causing similar impact on people around me - at work, at home & beyond.
Is it worth it ? Request your views...
India Inc under 'stress': Fear of layoff, pay cut and work pressure pushing more employees into depression - The Economic Times