Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scaling Down to the Essence

Came across this wonderful compilation of profiles of young executives who got out of the corporate role to pursue their dreams: CTRL +  ALT + DEL - Scaling down to the essence in HT, Mumbai. 

It captures the essence of the career shift ('2nd Innings'), professionals take when they are in their forties. But this article highlights how professionals in early 30's are getting out of corporate rat-race and choosing to be on their own. This is a fantasy whole lot of corporate executives carry, but very few take the step out of their comfort zones. 

Perhaps this is the right time to get out & pursue dreams. 
Yes, the article clearly picks up the common thread - the key is to SCALE DOWN THE ESSENCE. To differentiate between need & want, get over the impulse shopping habits, temptation to splurge on (unnecessary) luxury, etc. 

Somewhere in our collective consciousness, Gandhiji still lives. A spartan lifestyle, by turning back to consumerism, can be a very different experience. Bapu's 'Doctrine of Trusteeship' is very relevant today when 7billion people are creating havoc to the environment. 

As Master calls it, 'Ceiling on Desires', truly spiritual. Not difficult to achieve, but not impossible. Just a matter of resolve & shifting gears !! I say that from my own experience, having decided to do something similar & enjoying it. It is surely most fulfilling, and hence worth it!

Happy Journey!!

Check out the story @ Scaling Down to the Essence 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

Hi, really like the appearance of ones website. Can you mind saying what theme youre making use of? I’m not used to this and i am hoping to have mine looking anywhere close to cool as yours. Many thanks.