5 Critical LinkedIn Optimizations That Take 5 Minutes or Less | Inc.com
- Agree on photo. This always surprised me! Why are people reluctant to upload their photo ? On other platforms, Twitter/gmail/yahoo/FB/etc people upload none/dog/cat/family/caricature/et al !! But on a professional networking platform such as LinkedIn, it is very essential to upload a professional photograph. Of course, lucky friends in arts/advertising/etc can afford to upload a less formal photo. But if we are serious about leveraging this platform, a good photograph will surely help. ( I had my caricature on FB for a long time, a smarter avtar of myself!! I look less handsome on photograph, not being photogenic... still looking for a great photographer :) !!)
- Professional headline just updated - utilised the entire space !?
- Opportunity to enrich summary.... need more thought on this & shall use this better
- Skills added - even my sports & extra-curricular activities from school & college days (Nostalgic!!) Dramatics used to on the stage then, but now part & parcel of professional, at times personal, life !! 'The world is indeed a stage....'
- My linkedin profile is -vanity-URL-ed' already by Linkedin!!
Hats to team-Linkedin!