This is surely challenging when temp staff have already been shown the door.
Auto Manufacturing involves of 200,000 workers and auto components, another 500,000. That is a huge number. They would also contribute to the pulse of the market, thus influence the market-sentiments!
- M&M got social worker, 64 year old Smt Sindhutai Sapkal. She shared her views on how to handle ups & downs. Coming from someone like her, who has dedicated her life for the underprivileged, the workers would have felt truly inspired. They infact donated Rs 300K to her trusts.
- Other manufacturers are doing the same, inviting such truly eminent speakers who have made a difference.
Also, motivational speakers may not help the senior managers.
Crisil's Kudva conducts training and 'picked a team from across the organisation for a study on skill gaps in Indian banking industry.' ( I am interested in the report!). Other CEOs are reaching out to the so-called rank & file. In this era of social media, the youth are a lot more clear and vibrant. It makes sense to tap into that energy!!
Still, at the cost of repetition, motivational speakers may not help the senior managers. They may need a modified version of the effort. One big thing that may help and will have a long-term effect on the person & his organisation, it is Life/Executive Coaching. Appropriate coaching intervention will immensely affect the senior managers to go ahead without inhibition or fear of failure.
Coaching Perspective :
- Leaders fail because organizations can’t find a way to tell them something is wrong.
- Few senior leaders fail solely on their lack of technical skills. Most stall in their careers because they don’t fully adapt their communication style to gain commitment from employees.
- Many executives who fail are too rigid in how they communicate and too frequently distracted by issues that are not true priorities.
- Executives must understand their stakeholders and communicate in a way that touches both the minds and hearts of each individual.
- Few people can demonstrate the intellectual horsepower to solve complex business problems while simultaneously showing sensitivity and awareness to people’s beliefs and values.
- Senior leaders today have to do both well, with a deep knowledge of international markets and trends. "